Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year, New Recipe

Hey all, a Happiest of New Year's to you all.  I haven't posted for a bit but as this is the time of resolutions I am committed to a minimum of 2 posts per week all year long but am shooting for an average of 3 which would mean 156?  EEEK!   Well after the post everyday of November, I know I can write more than I have been these past couple weeks.  Tonight I'm gonna stick with a quick and easy recipe that is pretty healthy, not too hard on the wallet and best of all, mighty tasty!



Braised Green Beans with Shallots & Toasted Pecans
  • 2 tsp Butter
  • 1 tsp Olive oil
  • 1 oz Shallots, minced
  • Kosher Salt
  • Fresh ground black pepper
  • 1 lb Fresh green beans (I snapped mine in half to make them easy to work with in the pan)
  • 1/4 C Water
  • 3 oz Pecans, toasted and chopped
  1. Melt the butter with olive oil in a saute pan over medium high heat
  2. Add shallots and salt & pepper, saute for about 1 minute
  3. Reduce heat to medium
  4. Add the green beans and toss in the shallot butter
  5. Add the water and cover for 6 minutes
  6. Remove cover and toss the beans with the pecans
Serve

This was a fine side dish for our holiday meal this year and will make a fine addition to any meal.  We served this with a rib roast of beef, buttered carrots and mashed potatoes, YUM!

Hasta

1 comment:

  1. These types of side dishes are my favorite! Happy New Year Jim!

    ReplyDelete