Monday, March 9, 2009

2006 Oreana Winery ?

So this was rated in the runner up category in a recent tasting at Sunset Magazine for budget friendly wines. The rules: available at Trader Joes and under $15.00.

OK, so this wasn't a first pick but I thought there are a number of wines at TJs that I know of that are under $15.00 and quite good so I had a bit of an expectation...well silly me, it just shows you that expectations are not good. This is B-O-R-I-N-G vino; technically it might even be relatively sound to not call this wine and I'm actually not even sure I can (or want to) finish the bottle. Insipid, nearly no fruit flavor at all, absolutely thin as water on the palette and no backbone. This doesn't even qualify as plonk in my book.

Anyway, I paid $5.99 and that's $5.99 I'll never get back. I'm frankly sorry I bought it so this is rated a don't bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment