Tuesday, April 28, 2009

That time of year again...

OK, so I don't have a lot to write about food wise. I had a great bowl of bun nem nuong for lunch and I'm still stuffed, spicy heaven in a bowl! Otherwise it was just another day at work; busy and wanted to get home.

So here I sit, baking bread and drinking a beer having just finished editing Henry's fundraising page for the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure and thought "hey, I should put that on my blog". Diabetes affects so many; 21 millions Americans, 6 million of which don't know they have it. I'm sure I'll shamelessly plug his efforts again before the ride but when he finished the 44 mile loop last year up and over the Sammamish plateau from Marymoor park and then up and over it again on a 100F day, you couldn't have found a more proud Papa. Anyway, this year I'm driving a sag wagon on that route and giving Henry some independence and letting him ride on his own (with 3 of my friends though, there's only so much freedom you can give a 10 year old you know) while I touch base with him every once in a while.


Anyway, I hope you'll look at his personal page for the ride. If he can pedal his legs all that way, I can ask that you all dig in your pockets for a little something to help him on his way.


Here's his page -



Here's a photo of him after completing the ride last year -

Thanks for reading and thanks for checking out his page. peace
Hasta

1 comment:

  1. That is very heart-warming. It is so nice to know that there are people like yourself in this world.

    ReplyDelete