Monday, May 11, 2009

Spring Veg Tabouli

Spring Veg oiled up and ready for the grill

I'm trying to eat better. Although for breakfast this morning I had a serious hankering for soft boiled eggs on whole grain toast; not horrible I know but trying to cut out the animal products where I can but today, I just needed soppy egg yolks soaking into toast.

Keeping with my less-meatarianism (phrase courtesy of Mark Bittman) ideas during the day I came up with a lovely bulgur salad I decided to call Spring Veg Tabouli. I eyeballed most of it and it was most delicious...

Spring Veg Tabouli

  • ~1 C Steamed bulgur
    ~3oz Grilled asparagus spears leftover from Saturday evening
    1/2 Grilled baby leek leftover from Saturday evening
    1 Large scallion sliced thin - both white and green parts
    ~1 Tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
    ~2 teaspoons Walnut oil - the grill veg had olive oil on already from the grill
    Pinch kosher salt
    ~8 Grinds fresh ground black pepper
    ~1/2oz Pistachio nutmeats
    ~1oz Small diced red bell pepper
  1. Mix together and let sit at room temperature for a few hours to let the flavors blend. I just had it at room temp while on my way to work and sitting on my desk waiting to be eaten, it's probably pretty good with less time as well.


Anyway, this is what the final product looks like; colorful, aromatic and flavorful for a yummy less-meatarian lunch...




Hasta

No comments:

Post a Comment