Saturday, February 21, 2009

2007 Boekenhoutskloof The Wolftrap

Made up of 60% syrah, 39% mourvedre and 1% viognier this is a real winner in the under $10.00 range. I paid $8.99 pre-tax and this is one worth searching out. While certainly not local, this South African beauty is mighty fine.
Big spicy fruit, jammy plum, cherry, blackberry flavors along with some supportive acid and tannins show great balance and this is a strong showing standing up even to my goat cheese pizza with Mama Lil's Kick Butt peppers on whole wheat last night.

If you can find this one, try it out; highly recommended! Without doubt the best of my under $10 finds in many years.

1 comment:

  1. I love South African wines, they are usually reasonably priced and after spending some time in their wine country I just want a bottle to take me back!

    You've got a great blog here!

    ReplyDelete